Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Carrot Cake Recipe (Guest Post!)

For today's Cooking Wednesday I'm very happy to share with you all a Guest Post from Molly (from The Cottage Diaries), who is telling us how to bake a super tasty Carrot Cake! Enjoy! :)


Hey guys, my name is Molly and I blog over at The Cottage Diaries.  My lovely blogger friend Laura has invited me to do a guest post here.  

I love all things vintage, handmade and pretty.  My blog is a mix of all of that, so please come over and check it out!

X
Molly









Ingredients

1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
1 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
2 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp baking soda
2 cup Chelsea Raw Sugar (Blitz in your food processor for smaller crytal size)
6 large eggs
2 cup sunflower or canola oil
2 tsp Vanilla essence
1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
4 cups grated carrot
1 cup sultanas or raisins
4 Tbsp desiccated coconut

Cream Cheese Icing

250g cream cheese, softened
100g butter, softened
5 cups Icing Sugar 

Method

Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Sift flours, spices and soda into a large mixing bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined, don't beat.
Line a 20 x 23cm cake tin (6 cm deep) with baking paper and grease well. Pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 1 hour. The cake is cooked when a skewer is inserted into the centre of the cake and the skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool then remove from the cake tin and peel away the paper.
Spread the top of the cake with Cream Cheese Icing.

Cream Cheese Icing

Beat all the ingredients together until smooth icing consistency. Spread over top of cake.









29 comments:

  1. It looks so yummy :)

    Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, thanks for the comment! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the way the house smells when I bake cakes, going to give this one a try! :)

    Thanks for joining the blog hop! Your newest follower,
    Laurie

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I would bake all the time just for the smell of it :)

      Thanks for the comment and for following!

      Delete
  3. gorgeous!!! so yummy !

    xx Rebe

    ww.rebesrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely have to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That needs to be in my stomach now. Or in my mouth. Mouth is better. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Not to mention the yummy smell in the whole apartment when the oven is on with yummy things inside :)

      Delete
  6. Oh! It looks so yummy! I think I'm gonna try it :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, I'm sure it will taste awesome! :)

      Delete
  7. Carrot cake is one of my favorites and this looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrot Cake is so yummy yes, perfect for this time of the year :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Lovely, I'm your new follower from Blog Hop.
    Love your awesome blog. Feel free to check out & follow my blog @ revampspunkyrena.blogspot.com
    xoxo
    Rena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow, following you back ;)

      Delete
  9. Hi Laura,
    I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for a Liebster award! I love your blog and really think you deserve it! here is the post with instructions: http://lifeinthesimpleln.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-liebster-award.html Paying it forward!

    Katie from the simple lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much Katie, it's such a big honor! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  10. My mouth is watering just looking at this carrot cake!
    Thank you for stopping by and following along!
    I am now following you as well.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment and for the follow :)

      Delete
  11. That carrot cake looks yummy! Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a great evening:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh, that is making my mouth water right now! Looks absolutely fabulous!
    ~Kim
    2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how cakes, besides looking and tasting delicious, they make the whole house smell like heaven :)

      Delete
  13. I'm just loving your blog!! So glad you stopped by my blog so I could be introduced to yours. I'm your newest follower and so excited to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for your kind words and for following! :)

      Delete
  14. Yummy cake Molly :) loving your blog Laura! following you back :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for the comment and for following :)

      Delete
  15. Hi. I am soooo trying this recipe. Carrot Cake is my fave!!! Newest follower...thanks for co-hosting hop

    ReplyDelete