Wednesday, July 22, 2015

12 reasons why I love living in a small apartment




I live in a pretty small apartment. It has 70m2 (229sqft) in two separated levels, which means that the stairs are counted as part of the space of the apartment. At the beginning I thought it would be a challenge to fit everything inside and I was dreaming about the day where I could be able to move somewhere bigger, however I learnt to love small living and I found a lot of advantages to it, to the point that now I wouldn't want to move to a bigger place. 


12 REASONS WHY I LOVE LIVING IN A SMALL APARTMENT


1. It feels as cozy as a fort made out of sheets and pillows.

2. Cleaning up the whole place is really fast, so it leaves me free time to dedicate to other things that are more important.

3. Because of the lack of space It forces me to get rid of things I'm not using, so I declutter often.

4. When vacuuming I can reach the living room, the kitchen, the bathroom, the bedroom and the entrance using just one single electrical outlet. 

5. Finding new storage ideas improves my creativity.

6. It helps me live with less of everything and lead a more simple life.

7. Using the heater is cheaper, it doesn't take long to get the whole space warm

8. The same goes for the A/C in Summer, and because it's an open apartment (except for the bedroom) I can cool down the whole place with just the A/C I have installed in the second level.

9. When I lose something is easier to find, because there's less places to look.

10. When painting buying paint for the whole place is a lot cheaper. Is also faster to paint, so walls can change more often.

11. If I'm cooking I can control the food from almost the whole apartment without the need to actually be in the kitchen (the open space helps with that too)

12. Because it's enough.



6 comments:

  1. Small-ish spaces are great to live in, for all the reasons you mentionned. (I say smallish because i use to live in a studio and it was really too small since I spend a lot of time at home. I wouldn't want to go back to THAT small, but i wouldn't wanna go back to a big big house either).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think now I would find a bigger space overwhelming. When I go to the house where I was living as a teen I find it too big right now, I don't know how I'd fill it!

      Delete
  2. These are all great reasons! I think I would like to move into an apartment slightly bigger than the one we are currently at but nothing too big. The idea of a large place never appealed to me. Mostly, because you would end up having tons of stuff and we are both minimalist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, same here, bigger houses never appealed to me either, even if I grew up in a big house. Maybe if we were a big family instead of being just two would be different.

      Delete
  3. These are all excellent reasons, but I think my favorite is #12. So many people get sucked into the idea that they need a ton of space to live comfortably (our house is way smaller than average, but we still bought more than we really need).

    If you're willing, I'd love to share a house tour of your apartment on my blog. It would be so interesting to see how you use your space! Let me know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, we tend to thing that bigger is better. I was thinking the same when we got the apartment, that it should be bigger, than it wouldn't be enough. And then we realized that making good use of space is indeed enough, we even fit two small bedrooms!

      Oh, that would be really nice of you! I'm in the process of decluttering right now (we do this often, specially when my husband is on holidays) once it's done I'll get some pics taken with the reflex camera and send them your way in case you want to post a tour. Thanks again!

      Delete